To answer some of your questions…..
How do I qualify for a “workforce” unit?
Individuals earning less than $30,540/year (total household income) will qualify for “workforce” rents. There is currently a waitlist, please contact the leasing office for more information.
What information must I provide as proof of income?
To qualify for a “workforce” unit, applicants must provide 3rd party verification of all earned and unearned income including investment income, wages and other benefits.
How often will verification take place?
Income certifications will be required at move-in and re-done on an annual basis.
What if my income increases beyond the allowable during a given year? Will I be required to move?
If an individual’s income increases beyond the applicable maximum the tenant may be required to move to a market rate apartment.
How do I apply to live at the Century Building?
Please fill out the attached card indicating your contact information. A representative of the management company will contact you to schedule a time to fill out a formal application for residency. Application fee is $50.
Will security deposits be required?
Yes, residents will be required to provide a security deposit equal to one month’s rent or higher (based on credit and income). This is due within two weeks of approval or move in, whichever is first.
How many total lofts are in the building?
There are 60 residential lofts in the building
Are pets permitted?
Yes. Two (2) pets are permitted per apartment with a combined weight of 60 lbs.
There is a $200 non-refundable one-time fee and $35 per pet monthly pet fee.
Aggressive breeds and mix-breeds of dogs such as Pitt Bulls, Rottweilers and other dogs that display aggressive behavior are not permitted.
What common amenities are available to residents?
- Common laundry area
- Covered outdoor bicycle storage available at no-charge to the residents
- Exercise room furnished with flat panel televisions, cardio equipment and hand weights
- Private function room available for meetings and parties by reservation through the management office. The room is equipped with a flat-panel television, fireplace, conference/card table and lounge furniture
- Furnished roof top sun-deck and green roof accessible by elevator
What environmentally friendly features does the Century Building have?
The development team has worked to create a living environment that is kind to the environment and its residents. We are endeavoring to secure a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Silver Certification. (Only a few buildings in Pittsburgh have received this level of certification). Environmental features include:
- Ground source heating and cooling through the use of 4 high capacity wells.
- Energy Star lighting and appliance package
- Formaldehyde free materials
- Low VOC emitting paints and adhesives
- Highly energy efficient insulation and windows
- Recycling center available on every floor
- Water saving faucets, commodes and showers.
- Reuse of an historic structure
- Materials with recycled and regional content
- Bicycle parking
Is there an elevator in the building?
There are 2 elevators in the building that will be available to residents and the commercial office tenants on the second floor.
Where can I park my car?
We have leases available in the adjacent Theater Square Garage at the residential rate of $215/month.